Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to some of our most frequently asked questions, we hope you find them helpful. If, however, any questions remain unanswered please contact us on 0818 220 088.
ABOUT GETAWAY BREAKS
1. What’s the benefit of booking a SuperValu Getaway Break?
SuperValu Getaway Breaks offers you great value all year round on hotel and holiday home breaks. Not only can you save money on quality Getaways, Real Rewards members can also collect 1 Real Reward point for every €1 spent on a Getaway Break. For example, if you book a 2 Night B&B hotel break for €149 you not only save on your break, you also earn 149 points that can be used across any of SuperValu’s Real Rewards partners!
2. What type of breaks are available?
You can book the following breaks with SuperValu Getaway Breaks
- B&B Hotel Breaks: 1, 2, or 3 night breaks in 3 and 4 star hotels
- B&B + Dinner Hotel Breaks: 1, 2, or 3 night breaks in 3 and 4 star hotels
- The Inspired Collection: 1, 2 or 3 night B&B breaks in premium 4 star and 5 star hotels
- Holiday Home Breaks: 7 night breaks
3. What room types are available in hotels?
Our hotels offer the following room types:
- Double rooms (one double bed) accommodating up to 2 adults sharing
- Twin rooms (two single beds) accommodating up to 2 adults sharing
- Family rooms (one double bed, one single bed and a camp bed) accommodating 2 adults and up to 2 children under the age of 10. Please note, availability of family rooms is limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
4. What are the standards of hotels and holiday homes on offer?
All hotels and holiday homes participating in the SuperValu Getaway Break promotion are Fáilte Ireland approved. Hotels on offer include 3, 4 & 5 star properties.
5. Can I have a list of hotels and holiday homes?
We do not provide lists of hotels or holiday homes. The easiest way to explore your options is to visit www.supervalugetawaybreaks.com and view what is available at the time you wish to travel.
6. Why are some locations more expensive than others?
Dublin is the only location that is more expensive than others locations in Ireland. This is driven by customer demand. Accommodation in Dublin is in extremely high and as a result, hotels can charge a much higher rate. The only way we can ensure that you can book a Dublin hotel with SuperValu Getaway Breaks is to offer it at a higher rate.
BOOKING A GETAWAY BREAK
1. Can anyone book a SuperValu Getaway Break?
Yes, anyone can book a Getaway Break. There is an extra benefit if you are a Real Rewards member, however. You can earn points with each booking you make (€1 = 1 point).
2. Do I need points to book a break?
No points are required to book a break. Real Rewards members can now earn points with each euro you spend on booking a break.
3. How can I book a SuperValu Getaway Break?
You can book online on www.supervalugetawaybreaks.com, or you can call our travel experts on 0818 220 088. Opening hours are as follows: Monday to Friday, 9am to 6.30pm and excluding public holidays. Note: National Call Rates apply.
4. How do I search for a break online?
Visit www.supervalugetawaybreaks.com and go to the search box on the homepage. Simply complete the following steps :
- Select your preferred location and break type from the drop down menu (there is an option to select all if you don’t have anything particular in mind)
- Enter your dates, number of nights and people travelling
- Click Search Breaks
5. How do I know what is included in my hotel break?
The break options are very straight forward, your hotel booking will either include:
- breakfast and dinner.
You will know this by referencing the offers available at your selected hotel. Simply select whichever one suits you best!
6. How do I know if the hotel has the facilities I require? (e.g. parking, baby-sitting services, etc.)
Our website provides you with information on the facilities available under each hotel description. If the information you require is not specified, please contact our call centre.
7. How do I know that my reservation is confirmed?
When you complete your reservation online, an instant on-screen confirmation will appear. It will show your reservation details including your Booking Reference Number. We advise that you print out this document for your records. If you book by phone, you will be given a Booking Reference Number at the end of the booking process. A confirmation e-mail will also be sent if an e-mail address is provided. Simply present this booking confirmation to the hotel at check-in.
8. Can I make a last minute booking?
You can book most of our Getaway Breaks online up to 24 hours before your arrival date. For the following breaks however, you must contact our call centre:
a. Really last minute bookings – up to 12.00 noon on the date of arrival
b. Holiday Home bookings within 2 days of arrival.
9. I want to earn points with my booking, where do I find my Real Rewards number?
Your Real Rewards number can be found on the front of your Real Rewards fob key.
10. Where do I enter my Real Rewards number online?
You will enter your Real Rewards fob number when you are providing your personal and payment details to secure your booking.
FINDING AN OFFER TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS
1. I only want to see hotels with Wi-Fi. Is that possible? How can I do that?
Absolutely! When you have completed your search, you will see a list of hotels. This list can be filtered by clicking on the Filter Results button at the top of the page.
2. I am a single traveller; do you have a room for me?
Yes. Firstly, select a location and break, enter the date you want to travel, then simply enter 1 adult into your search and the system will return suitable rooms to you. A single traveller can avail of any of our offers at the normal price.
3. We have a family with 3 children; do you have an offer for us?
Yes we do. Holiday homes are the most appropriate accommodation for your party size. If you wish to stay in a hotel, however, please contact our call centre and our travel experts will do their very best to assist you.
4. Can I book a break on a Bank Holiday or during other special event periods?
Offers are subject to availability and while it is year-round, it may be limited during bank holidays and other peak periods.
4. Can I book a break on a Bank Holiday or during other special event periods?
1. How do I pay for my SuperValu Getaway Break?
You can pay for your break using your debit or credit card.
2. Can I pay for my stay at the hotel with a different method than the one used to for my booking deposit?
Yes, you can pay at the hotel using the payment method of your choice that is accepted by the hotel. The payment details taken at the time of booking only apply to your booking deposit.
EARNING REAL REWARDS POINTS
1. How do I join Real Rewards?
You can join Real Rewards by picking up an application including fob form at your local participating SuperValu store. You can register your fob instore or online at supervalu.ie.
2. How do I know how many Real Rewards points I have earned with my booking?
Real Rewards members earn 1 point for every €1 spent. A message will appear throughout your online booking process stating how many points are earned. If you’re booking over the phone, our travel experts will keep you informed.
3. When will the Real Rewards points be populated onto my account?
Your points will appear on your account after you checked out of your booked accommodation. If your points don’t appear, please contact the Real Rewards helpdesk on 0818 220 088.
ACCOMMODATION POLICIES AND FACILITIES
1. What do I need to bring to the hotel?
Simply bring a print out of your booking confirmation email to the hotel.
2. What are the check-in and check-out times of a hotel?
The check-in and check-out times differ by hotel and these are featured on our website, but as a guide, the check-in time is normally after 2pm and check-out is before noon.
3. If I arrive late at the hotel, can I still check-in?
Yes. Our advice is that you should contact the hotel directly, but our bookings are guaranteed which means that the hotels are obliged to keep the room for the first night. If you do not show up for your break, the hotel is entitled to charge for one night's accommodation.
CHANGING AND/OR CANCELLING YOUR BREAK
1. How can I cancel my booking?
Should you need to cancel your booking you may do so on www.supervalugetawaybreaks.com using the My Bookings tool at the top of the website or via the call centre on 0818 220 088. All cancellations will result in the loss of your booking deposit, processing fee and your Real Rewards Points will not be allocated to your account. Cancellations made within the minimum cancellation period (less than 48 hours prior to 6pm on arrival date) will also incur a late cancellation charge by the accommodation provider. See terms and conditions for more details.
2. How can I change my booking?
For changes to bookings, you will need to contact our call centre on 0818 220 088. For more details, please refer to the Terms & Conditions.
3. What if your call centre is closed and I need to cancel?
You should contact the hotel directly if it is an urgent cancellation, near to your arrival date and cancel your booking online using the My Bookings function found on our website.
4. How do I know that my booking has been cancelled?
After you have cancelled your booking, your cancellation will be noted and logged on our system. If you have supplied an e-mail address at the time of booking, you will receive an e-mail notifying you that your booking has been cancelled. The same reference number issued to your booking will apply to your cancellation.
1. Is your system secure?
Yes. Getaway Breaks uses the latest encryption technologies and payment processors to ensure all transactions are secure. Getaway Breaks is PCI Level 1 compliant which means that Getaway Breaks has adhered to global security standards that are designed to protect payment card information during and after a financial transaction.