Frequently Asked Questions
Effective from 10th March 2014
Below are answers to some of our most frequently asked questions, we hope you find them helpful. If, however, any questions remain unanswered please do contact us on 0818 220 088.
ABOUT GETAWAY BREAKS
1. Why should I purchase a SuperValu Getaway Break?
Getaway Breaks represent superb value, typically 30% to 60% less than the normal retail price. Tip: The website is the best place to see your options. Visit us online at www.supervalu.ie
2. How many hotels are included in the Getaway Breaks programme?
We have over five hundred 3, 4 and 5 star hotels available across Ireland. In addition we have over twenty five 3 and 4 star hotels available throughout Europe.
3. How many holiday homes are included in the Getaway Breaks programme?
We have over two thousand holiday homes available across Ireland.
4. What are the standards of hotels and holiday homes on offer?
All hotels and holiday homes participating in the SuperValu Getaway Break promotion are 3-star or greater and are all approved by the relevant tourist board. For example all Irish hotels and holiday homes are Fáilte Ireland approved.
5. Can I have a list of hotels and holiday homes?
We do not provide lists of hotels or holiday homes because, there is such a large number participating and availability varies by date and location. The easiest way to explore your options is to go through our website and view what is available at the time you wish to take a break.
6.Why are Dublin and Galway hotels more expensive than others?
Dublin and Galway are two of the most popular destinations in Ireland and as a result we have had to add a destination supplement to breaks in Dublin and Galway.
ABOUT REAL REWARDS
1. How do I join Real Rewards?
You can join Real Rewards by completing an application form at your local participating SuperValu store.
HOW TO BOOK A GETAWAY BREAK
1. How can I avail of a SuperValu Getaway Break?
Simply sign up to the Real Rewards loyalty programme and book a break with us!
2. Do I need points to book a break? If so, how many do I need?
No points are required to book a break.
3. How can I book a Getaway Break?
Follow these simple steps to book a SuperValu Getaway Break
4. How do I pay for my SuperValu Getaway Break?
You can pay for your break using your debit or credit card. In some cases payment via cheque or the Post Office is possible but you must contact our call centre to make the booking.
5. Can I make a last minute booking?
You can book most of our Getaway Breaks online up to 24 hours before your arrival date. For the following breaks however, you must contact our call centre:
a. Really last minute bookings – up to 12.00 noon on the date of arrival
b. Spa Hotel Break bookings made within 7 days of arrival
c. Holiday Home bookings within 2 days of arrival
6. What number do I call to make a booking?
Republic of Ireland - 0818 220 088 Note: National Call Rates apply
7. How do I know that my reservation is confirmed?
When you complete your reservation online, an instant on-screen confirmation will appear. It will show your reservation details including your Booking Reference Number. We advise that you print out this document for your records. If you book by phone, you will be given a Booking Reference Number at the end of the booking process. A confirmation e-mail will also be sent if an e-mail address is provided.
Is your system secure?
Yes. Getaway Breaks uses the latest encryption technologies and payment processors to ensure all transactions are secure. Getaway Breaks is PCI Level 1 compliant which means that Getaway Breaks has adhered to global security standards that are designed to protect payment card information during and after a financial transaction.
9. How long do you keep my data on your system?
Getaway Breaks does not store any payment card data. Personal data that relates to your accommodation booking will be stored for a period of 12 months from the date that you travel. After this time all personal data will be removed. For more information please see our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statements.
BOOKING A GETAWAY BREAK ONLINE
1. How do I book a break online?
a. Visit www.supervalu.ieand click on the Getaway Breaks link at the very top of the page
b. On the SuperValu Getaway Breaks homepage, select the:
2. I only want to see hotels in coastal locations with a babysitting service – can you show me those hotels only?
Absolutely! Accommodation locations can be filtered by the following themes and/or facilities and/or star rating to make booking even easier:
3. Location is important to me but I’m not sure which hotel is in the best location for my needs, is there a map I can use?
Yes there is. When you chose the location (town, city, county) that you wish to visit, you will be returned a list of hotels. These hotels can also be viewed on a Google street map by clicking on the ‘Hotel Map View’ tab at the top of the page. You can zoom in and out of this map to determine which hotel best suits your needs.
4. I want to book more than one break; can I do that on your website?
Our website allows you to book as many breaks as you like, all at once.
Simply select the ‘Add another break’ button in your shopping basket and this will bring you back to the homepage to choose whatever offer you’d like to choose.
The shopping basket will hold your breaks for 15 minutes while you search through our other great value deals!
Breaks processed in one basket transaction must be of the same currency. If you want to purchase breaks in different currencies, you must complete separate transactions.
Should you choose the part payment option for a holiday home break; you will be unable to process a hotel break booking in the same transaction and will need to complete a separate transaction.
5. I would like to book over 3 rooms on the same date and in the same location, how do I do that?
Our website allows you to book up to 3 rooms on the same date at one time. If you wisht too book 4 or more rooms together, please contact our call centre on 0818 220 088.
FINDING AN OFFER TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS
1. What room types are available in hotels?
Our hotels offer double rooms (one double bed) or twin rooms (two single beds) which are suitable for 2 adults sharing.
Some of our hotels offer a Family 1 Child (double bed + 1 bed) room and a Family 2 Children (double bed + 2 beds) room which are suitable for 2 adults & 1 child and 2 adults & 2 children respectively.
2. I am a single traveller; do you have a room for me?
Yes. Firstly, choose an offer, then select the date you want to travel, then simply enter 1 room and 1 adult into your search and the system will return suitable rooms to you.
A single traveller can avail of any of our offers at the normal price.
3. We have a family with 3 children; do you have an offer for us?
Yes we do. Simply select your date, the number of people travelling and our system will return an offer to suit your needs.
Please note:The offers available for your party include holiday homes or hotels with extra large family rooms. The availability of this type of accommodation can be limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
4. I'm interested in a Self Catering Break for the family, but don't want to take a full week. Can I take a shorter break?
Yes, Self Catering Breaks can be taken for any number of nights up to seven (7) nights for the same price. We also have short-stay Self Catering options for between 1 – 3 nights. You may also be interested in some of our other breaks which cater for up to 3 children, see offer pages for more details.
5. I want to book my Self Catering Break for the summer but don't want to pay in full up front, is this possible?
Yes, you are booking at least 37 days in advance of arrival; you will be able to secure your reservation by paying 25%. Full payment is due 35 days before arrival.
6. Can I book a break on a Bank Holiday or during other special event periods?
Offers are subject to availability and while it is year-round, it may be limited during bank holidays and other peak periods.
7. Can I book a break for stays during the months of July and August?
Yes you can. A supplement applies for some breaks in the peak months of July and August. Rates will feature on our Terms and Conditions page.
TURNING YOUR COOKIES ON:
Please follow these directions to resolve your browsing issues. If you are having any problems with this, please call us on 0818 220 088:
- Select Internet Options from the Tools menu on your browser (just under the address bar at the top of your browser)
- On the pop up that appears, select the Privacy tab
- In the Privacy section, select the Advanced option
- Under the Advanced Privacy Settings, check the following options:
- Click OK to accept
ACCOMMODATION POLICIES AND FACILITIES
1. What are the check-in and check-out times of a hotel?
The check-in and check-out times differ by hotel and these are featured on our website, but as a guide, the check-in time is normally after 2pm and check-out is before noon.
2. If I arrive late at the hotel, can I still check-in?
Yes. Our advice is that you should contact the hotel directly, but our bookings are guaranteed which means that the hotels are obliged to keep the room for the first night. If you do not show up for your break, the hotel is entitled to charge for one night's accommodation.
3. Can I pay for my stay at the hotel with a different method than the one used to for my booking deposit?
As the payment details taken at the time of booking only apply for your booking deposit, you can pay at the hotel using the payment method of your choice that is accepted by the hotel.
4. How do I know if the hotel has the facilities I require e.g. parking, baby-sitting services, etc.?
Our website provides you with information on the facilities available through descriptions and the use of symbols. If the information you require is not specified, please contact our call centre.
CHANGING AND/OR CANCELLING YOUR BREAK
1. How can I cancel my booking?
Should you need to cancel your booking you may do so onwww.supervalu.ieusing the ‘My Bookings’ tool or via the call centre. All cancellations will result in the loss of your booking deposit. Cancellations made within the minimum cancellation period will incur the loss of the booking deposit and you may also be charged a late cancellation fee by the accommodation provider.
2. What if your call centre is closed and I need to cancel?
You should contact the hotel directly if this is an urgent cancellation near to your arrival date. Alternatively, you can cancel your booking online using the My Bookings function found on our website.
If you do not have internet access, please contact your hotel directly and advise our call centre at your earliest opportunity.
3. How can I change my booking?
For changes to bookings, you will need to contact our call centre on 0818 220 088. For more details, please refer to the Terms & Conditions section of the site.
4. How do I know that my booking has been cancelled?
After you have cancelled your reservation, your cancellation will be noted and logged on our system. The same reference number issued to your booking will apply to your cancellation. If you have supplied an e-mail address at the time of booking, you will receive an e-mail notifying you that your booking has been cancelled.